Amerair combines and utilizes its semi-dry and wet scrubbing capabilities and experience to provide a highly efficient acid gas scrubbing system without the extreme complexity and expense of large wet limestone scrubbing systems. This technology and know-how can be extremely valuable when considering sulfur dioxide generation associated with high sulfur coal combustion where SO2 scrubbing efficiencies of 95-99%+ are required.
This system design approach is highly applicable and worthy of serious consideration when combustion gas flows are less than 1,000,000 ACFM. This system design provides even better removal efficiencies for hydrogen chloride and hydrogen fluoride. The benefits offered by this system design approach are:
- Higher acid gas removal efficiency than that of conventional dry or semi-dry systems
- Zero liquid effluent discharge from system
- Simplicity of system operation
- No complex slurry clarification and water treatment requirements
- Economical capital cost of system
- Competitive operating cost of system